Pico&co

18 April 2011

disappearing act

Heya beautiful creatures~ You must all have wondered where i have disappeared to for the last couple of days huh? i guess i have just been caught up in my own little world enjoying some time to myself, not doing much.
I have some news for everyone though, I AM FINALLY GRADUATING FROM MY MASTERS!!!! I'm pretty excited about the whole thing, the graduation ceremony takes place Thursday (21st April) morning and I'm so glade that its being held close to my home so i don't have to travel too far early in the morning :D Its going to be such a relief to hear my name called out to collect my certificate. i will be taking tones of photos to remember this day! so and don't forget to come back and visit for photos of the big day and of course the celebration party that night!!

So for anyone looking for a great grad gift, why not make a batch of yummy cupcakes! i came across this great recipe from The Dainty Banker which i really hope somebody makes for me (wink wink).


Graduation Cupcakes
Graduation toppers
1 packet Orchard White Icing (ready made/ready to roll fondant)
Black & red food colouring (I used Wilton colour pastes)

Frosting - I was lazy pushed for time, so I used Betty Crockers: Ready to Spread Creamy Deluxe Vanilla Frosting

Chocolate mud cakes
Makes 12
Adpated from Easy Cupcakes by Colour by AWA

60g Milk Chocolate, chopped coarsly
2/3 (160ml) cup water
90g butter, softened
1 cup (220g) brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs
1 cup self raising flour
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/3 cup (40g) almond meal


Preheat oven to 170oC. Line 12 hole muffin pan with paper cases

Stir chocolate and the water in small saucepan over low heat until smooth.

Beat butter, sugar & eggs in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in sifted flour and cocoa, meal & warm chocolate mixture. Note: If the mixture is really liquidy you can let it stand for 15 mins or so, the mixture should thicken, which should make it easier to spoon into the pans.

Drop 1/4 cup of mixure into the muffin cases. Bake for about 25 mins or until the tops spring back with a touch. Stand cakes for 5 mins before turning top-side up onto wire rack to cool.

To decorate:
Pipe or spread the frosting onto the cupcake, ensuring that the top is flat.

Next, place the cupcake topper on top of the frosting.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home