Yesterday’s Brioche, Frangelico, Chocolate and Pear Cakes - by Bron Marshall
My parents are visiting from Tassie and i am so excited that their here! not only did they drive all the way from Melbourne to Sydney (which is a whooping 879kml!!!) they also bought so much things for us!! and one of those items was Tassie Pears!!! YYUUMM! now my only headache is how i am going to finish all 7 kilos of it! So as i was browsing blogs, i came across this fabulous recipe by Bron Marshall.
I will have to try this out soon!! ****DROOL****
Yesterday’s Brioche, Frangelico, Chocolate and Pear Cakes
- 4 stale mini brioche, sliced in 4, (approximately 400 grams of brioche)
- 3 pears, sliced with the core removed but stalks still intact
- 50 grams of quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- ¾ cup of milk
- ½ cup of cream
- 4 tablespoons of Frangelico
- ¼ cup of demerara sugar
- icing sugar to dust
- Grease and line 6 small individual cake or mini loaf pans.
- Prop up and layer slices of brioche and pear in prepared tins, sprinkle the chocolate evenly between each.
- Beat the eggs, salt, milk, cream, Frangelico and sugar together, measure and pour equal quantities into each cake.
- Rest the cakes for 30 minutes to absorb the custard mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 170 deg C
- Bake the cakes for 25 to 30 minutes until puffed up and golden.
- Cool slightly before removing from the pans, during which time the cakes will deflate a little.
- Dust with a little icing sugar and serve warm, but honestly they’re equally good cold.